As synthetic grass grows in popularity due to its many benefits, it’s making headlines in mainstream media. Recently, it was covered in the Home & Garden section of The Herald in Monterey. The article on artificial turf points out a few facts that are worth mentioning.
- Water Conservation: According to the Synthetic Turf Council, “The Southern Nevada Water Authority estimates that every square foot of natural grass replaced saves 55 gallons of water per year.” Water savings are enhanced dramatically when considering the size of a sports field, which typically requires “requires between 500,000 to a million gallons of water or more each year.”
- Time Saving: “The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that homeowners spend an average of 2.8 hours weekly on lawn maintenance.” Are you tired of watering, mowing, and fertilizing your lawn? By installing artificial turf, which requires little to no maintenance, families can spend more quality time together on activities they thoroughly enjoy.
- Saves Money: “Synthetic turf saves money in the long run, paying for itself within two to three years, according to the Synthetic Turf Council.” While natural yards may need to be re-sod every year or two due to dead spots, artificial grass has a lifespan of 15+ years. Between cutting costs on water and sod, there are significant monetary savings involved in installing a synthetic grass.
- Resembles Real Grass: “The softer feel and more realistic appearance have made it a viable alternative to real grass.” There are a variety of styles available depending on personal preference. “Other styles look like bluegrass, winter rye, bent grass or other varieties; there are short and long lengths, and even one that looks like fresh-cut lawn.”
- Multi-use: Due to it’s installation versatility, synthetic turf can be used in a variety of ways, including: “backyard bocce ball and croquet courts … outdoor amphitheater … [and] putting greens.” In recent months, Texas Elite Landscaping has installed a badminton court, dog run, as well as artificial turf on an apartment balcony.
Want to know more about synthetic grass and the possibility of installing it in the yard of your Dallas home? Give me a call today, and I’ll answer any questions, we can set up an appointment, or I can provide you with an estimate. If you want to see photographs of how realistic and healthy an artificial lawn can look, check out our Gallery for images from Texas Elite Landscaping’s previous projects.