As a homeowner you are proud of the home in which you live and want it to both look its best as well as offer you and your family the comforts you need. The lawn is an integral part of both the look and the comfort. If you are one of those who has a green thumb and enjoys spending time caring for your lawn, watering it, cutting the grass and pulling out weeds, than natural grass is right for you. However, if your aim is to enjoy your lawn without having to put in any effort, then synthetic grass is the way to go.
A lawn can be a lovely thing, pleasing to the eye and a place to chill out and unwind. But as with all things, the beauty and pleasure comes at a cost. The cost is one of time and effort as well as money. The alternative to natural grass is the synthetic option. First created in the 1960s, synthetic grass was initially intended for use in sporting arenas like football stadiums where the maintenance of natural grass was costly and required investment in manpower and special equipment. Over time, its use has spread to homes because of the many advantages it offers.
The Advantages of Synthetic Grass
1. synthetic grass, once installed requires little in the way of maintenance – no watering or mowing is required.
2. You save on the cost of water and buying and operating a lawn mower.
3. No expensive fertilizers and weed killers need be bought.
4. Because you do not need to use chemicals to grow or protect the grass, you are not adding to pollution levels and affecting the environment on an ongoing basis.
5. You will not have to spend time pulling out weeds.
6. synthetic grass is long lasting and you will not have to incur the expense or hassles of period replanting that natural grass will require.
7. synthetic grass offers excellent drainage so after rain or the use of water to wash it, the grass it will dry quickly.
8. The good drainage also means that you don’t have to worry about puddles of water collecting and lasting for days and then leaving patches of mud for the unwary to step in.
9. Play sports on the lawn will not damage the grass.
10. synthetic grass always looks perfectly manicured so you will never be embarrassed by an unkempt lawn.
So get out there and enjoy your yard this Spring and Summer with synthetic grass. Call us to learn more!